Saturday 9 July 2011

Faux Pas

I've started to read my friend's recent blog. I find it to be a good source of entertainment. Not that I take joy from the issues in her life (I use the word issues, very lightly), but her blog comes across in a way that makes me smile.

I would say that I was one of the people who knew my friend the very best, so to see her write a blog comes as great interest to me, plus I have the advantage of the deeper meaning.

It's been good news for me this week. I've had the apology I was waiting for, I won't go into any detail, but I think it's about time I was the bigger person in all of this and made the next move. Give a little, take a little. But make sure one doesn't out weigh the other. As well as that I've managed to gain a job, which I have an induction for on Wednesday... so wait for news on that. I'm currently increasingly apprehensive. However, I keep siking (excuse spelling, I'm not sure it's even a real word) myself up that I can do it. Your typical "I can do this" with rocky music playing over in my head... we'll see what happens. Hopefully I won't take my usually disadvantage of chickening out.

Apart from the usual apprehensions of starting a new job (people don't like change), I have the typical faux pas of getting spots before you meet new people. Nice. I'm not one of those people who has been cursed with the traumas of growing up with acne (I'm ginger, that's torment enough), so it's always a shock to me when I get a spot. It's quite a big red visible one... I have a few days for it to go down, wish me luck or I'll have to coat it in make up and embarrass myself.

I tend to make a fool of myself when I meet new people so that will be interesting to blog about after my first day.

I have to say, the day has been a lazy one and I still don't know what I want for tea, so I'm going to try and find some inspiration... and something easy to cook... wish me luck!


No comments: